Healthy Blueberry Muffins & Cupcakes – Low carb & gluten-free
Today I have a recipe for you guys which I often use myself. Instead of the blueberries you can certainly also use any other berries and they don’t need to be fresh. Frozen berries work just as great as fresh ones 🙂 By the way the muffins already taste great without the topping so it is completely optional.
Have lots of fun baking!
Ingredients | Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- 250 almond flour
- 4 beaten egg white
- 1 full egg
- 15g baking powder
- 100g sugar-free apple sauce
- 100g ground hazelnuts (if you are allergic against nuts feel free to use your favorite flour instead)
- Approx. 2 tablespoons sweetener of your choice
- 250g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Almond slices as decoration
Ingredients | Cheesecake Topping (optional)
- 1/2 package light creamcheese
- A hand full of blueberries (keep some as decoration)
- 15g gelatin powder
- Approx. 1 tablespoon sweetener of your choice
Directions | Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Mix all ingredients (besides blueberries and almond slices).
- Mix in blueberries.
- Add dough into muffins form (silicon forms work best – buy them here).
- Add some almond slices on top (leave out this step if you are making them with topping).
- Bake them at 160°C for approx. 20 minutes.
- Let muffins cool down.
- (Mix all ingredients for topping).
- (Wait a bit until gelatin has become stiff).
- (Add topping into a piping bag and decorate muffins).
- (Decorate with a few blueberries).