30 Oct My new Diet Routine – The long Way to a Dream Body
on Instagram many of you recognized that I’ve lost quite some weight lately and that my body has also gotten more defined. Hereby I wanna emphasize that looking at the scale I currently even weight MORE (!!!) than before even though my pants have gotten looser and I also see on pictures etc. that I lost quite some weight. This is solely related to the fact muscles weight significantly more than fat. So if you’re experiencing something similar don’t jump to the wrong conclusions!!
That’s why I’m a big fan of neglecting the scale and taking progress pics (or even better progress videos) of yourself instead. Because these progress shots reveal much more than any stupid number on the scale!!
Read here why I changed my diet and which setbacks I had to experience while doing so.
Today I wanna introduce my current diet routine to you guys which was recommended by my doctor. I really get along with it very well and thanks to chaning my diet my body has changed so much over the past month.
Beforehand I wanna emphasize a few things though:
1) I NEVER starve myself! By starving yourself you simply slow down your metabolism so I can strongly advise you against ever doing that. I for instance always bring some healthy snacks with me when I’m on the go so I never have to stay hungry or grab some unhealthy food.
2) Every body is different! What works for one might not work for the other. Therefore, listen to your body! If like it was the case for me you are finding yourself in a dead end and despite a healthy diet and a lot of exercise nothing happens I can recommend you consulting your doctor and having your blood taken. You don’t know what experts can find out just by investigating your blood 😉 Consulting my doctor really helped me a lot so I can recommend it to anyone finding yourself in a similar situation.
Now I will show you in detail how my current Diet Routine looks like:
1) I eat three large meals a day. Some people prefer eating several smaller meals a day but this doesn’t work for me as I tend to overeat that way. However, there is no right or wrong so just see whatever works best for you 🙂
2) I eat most for breakfast. Never skip breakfast! Rather boost your metabolism in the morning by eating a wholesome and balanced breakfast in the morning. I allow myself most in the morning as my body has the entire day to burn the food. I also need some power in the morning before my workouts etc.
3) Ich eat mainly fish instead of meat. I admit that I used to eat way too much meat because I always thought being an active person eating a lot of meat is important. Since one month I’ve been eating almost no meat at all and rather eat lots of veggies and seafood and still get enough protein.
4) In the morning I always eat complex carbs. I’m a huge oeatmeal lover so I eat it almost every morning or order it at the hotel where I’m staying at. I eat my oeatmeal with some berries, melon or another not so sugary fruit, some soymilk cappucino and sometimes an egg white omelette with veggies.
5) Enjoy fruit in moderation and best in the morning. I always believed that you cannot get enough fruit. Of course fruit is super healthy and doesn’t have many calories. However, the sugar in fruit is rather contra-productive when you aim to loose weight. Therfore, enjoy fruit in moderation and best in the morning. Because I really really love fruit I’m of course not keeping myself from eating it (this is not necessary anyways) but I eat it rather in the morning and not as much as I used to before.
6) I stick to the 80/20 Rule. This rule was recommended to me by a nutritionist because almost no person is able to eat 100% clean all the time and this isn’t even desireable. Just try to stick to the rule “80% healthy food and 20% cheat food”. This works very well for me and makes me not feel guilty when I have some ice cream or some other treats occasionally 😀
So you can see in more detail what I eat at the moment here is an Overview of my current Diet. Like mentioned before this is only my personal diet and should not be used universally 😉
I have plenty:
- Vegetables (broccoli, kale, pepper etc.)
- Seafood (salmon, tuna, shrimps etc.)
- Complex carbs (oats, quinoa, brown rice etc.)
- Water and detox water (water with lemon slices, ginger etc.)
- Veggie protein (spirulina, chickpeas, beans etc.)
- Veggie milk & -milk products (almond milk etc.)
- Spices (chili, cinnamon etc.)
I enjoy in moderation:
- Lean meat (chicken, turkey etc.)
- Fruit with low sugar content (berries, plums, cantaloupe etc.)
- Low fat milk products (cottage cheese, greek yogurt etc.)
- Fresh fruit juices (green juice etc.)
- Healthy fatties (coconut oil, nuts, avocado etc.)
I try to skip:
- Meat with high fat content
- Fruit with high sugar content (bananas, grapes etc.)
- White carbs (white flour, light toast etc.)
- Sugary drinks (coke, lemonade etc.)
- Processed food
- Fried or breaded food
- Flavour enhancers
This table which gives you a good overview of the protein content of plant-based food is also super intersting! As you can see even without eating meat you can get enough protein 😉 I for instance love chickpease and eat plenty of them at the moment.
With this overview you can check how much sugar content a certain fruit has. I find this very helpful as I for instance used to eat tons of mangos before, now I overthink that a little bit 😛
To sum up I need to mention that of course I’m not a nutrionist so I can only tell what diet works best for me at the moment. Like mentioned above every body is different so just see whatever works best for you 🙂
Which is the diet you stick to at the moment? Would you also like me to write a blog post about my current Fitness Routine (because that has also changed a bit)? 😉