14 Dec Clean New York Cheesecake
who of you lovelies is also such a big cheesecake lover like myself? Nothing compares to a real New York Cheesecake. In contrast to other cheesecakes the New York Cheesecake is more rich and creamy 🙂 Hence, it wasn’t very easy creating a healthy and light version of it; a recipe which is not only delicious but also light. But I believe I managed to create such a recipe so definitely try it out yourself 😀
All ingredients are for a small cake form. Just double the ingredients for a regular cake form.
Have lots of fun remaking this one!
Ingredients | Low Carb Cheesecake Base
- 150g ground almonds
- 150g grated coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of your choice
Ingredients | Cheesecake Cream
- 200g low fat cottage cheese
- 250g light cream cheese
- Approx. 1 – 2 tablespoons sweetener of your choice
- 60g vanilla protein powder
Ingredients | Topping
- 15g gelatin powder (or vegan alternative)
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of your choice
- 1 cups strawberries – can be frozen (of course you may use other fruit such as frozen raspberries)
Directions | New York Cheesecake
- Mix all ingredients for the cake base, place them in a covered cake form and bake it at 160°C for approx. 15 minutes.
- Let cake base cool down.
- Mix all ingredients for cheesecake cream until creamy.
- Pour over cake base.
- Put it in the oven and bake it at 160°C for approx. 30 minutes.
- Add strawberries into a blender, mix with gelatin powder and sweetener and pour over cheesecake.
- Store cake in fridge for at least 1 hour.