Healthy Pumpkin Creme Soup – The perfect Fall Recipe
today I wanna introduce one of my favorite fall recipes to you guys: Pumpkin creme soup… but not any kind, a healthy version of it. Besides peeling the pumpkin it is super easy and quick to make 🙂 With the right milk it’s also a vegan recipe.
Ingredients | Pumpkin Creme Soup (for approx. 4 people)
- 1 hokkaido pumpkin
- 5 carrots
- 1 onion, diced
- Vegetable broth
- 1 small garlic glove, diced
- 200 – 300ml milk of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh herbs to taste
Directions | Pumpkin Creme Soup
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut the flesh in small pieces.
- Peel the carrots and cut into small pieces.
- Chop onion and garlic and set aside.
- In a big pot, bring water to a boil and add some veggie broth.
- Add the carrots and after 5 minutes the pumpkin flesh.
- Cook for approx. 10 minutes.
- While the veggies are cocking, fry onions and garlic in a pan with 3 tablespoons olive oil and set aside.
- Drain the veggies when tender and keep approx. 2 cups of the veggie stock.
- Add the carrot-pumpkin mix, the remaining stock and the fried onions into a blender and mix until everything is smooth.
- Pour the smooth mixture back into the pot and let it simmer at medium heat.
- Now add the milk and one or two teaspoons additional veggie broth.
- Add some salt, pepper and herbs to taste.
Tip: Store soup in fridge.
Lots of fun cooking!